Why Join SMS's non-profit Parent Teacher Association?
- The number one reason to join PTA is to benefit your child, and in doing so, you also help all the students at SMS.
- PTA helps build strong working relationships between families, students and the staff at SMS.
- PTA advocates for school improvements, safety for all children, and uses its funds to support curriculum-based programming and social events.
- Stay connected and know whats happening at school by joining the PTA.
- Be heard. Through PTA you can more effectively suggest change.
- Receive member discounts on tickets, lodging, rental cars, and shopping.
Myths about Joining PTA
- I dont have time to join the PTA.
- Busted: The PTA appreciates everyones membership. If you are unable to volunteer your time, no pressure! Please consider becoming a member of the PTA and know that your membership dues help fund events and activities for the students throughout the school year!
- PTA membership never expires, I only have to join once.
Busted: Each new school year begins a new PTA membership year. Your PTA membership will be good for the entire school year!
- My childs life will be the same whether or not I join the PTA.
Busted: Not only does membership put you in direct communication with other parents and teachers, it shows your child that you are interested and invested in their educational experience!